[Phpmyadmin-devel] Interested in Two Projects for GSOC 2011

HasithaAb habeykoon.uom at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 13:58:07 CET 2011

I am Hasitha Abeykoon who is a final year Computer science and Engineering
undergraduate from University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.

Examining the ideas list of phpMyAdmin for GSOC 2011 on [1], I found two
projects which took my sincere interest. I would like to know more
information about the projects and the expected improvements with some
technical details so that I can read up and choose one project to follow up.

1.	The first project is “Support for Stored Procedures”. I suppose
manipulating stored procedures in a nice way means improving the user
Interface for the phpMyAdmin users so that they can type stored procedures,
view and edit them more easily? As a first step into the project I looked
into the “phpMyAdmin improve” page [2] and learnt how to use GIT and get the
source code.

2.	The second project I like is “User Interface Cleanup”. I have many ideas
and thoughts even now which I would be pleased to see in phpMyAdmin
interface.

For a project on information management of annual functions at CSE we used
phpMyAdmin tool, which I felt very admirable.

Please direct me on the technologies and any documents that I need to refer
in order to learn more about GUI Designing and binding between the Interface
and core of phpMyAdmin.

•	I’m familiar with PHP, MySQL and JAVA.
•	I have experiences about GUI designing by my internship at Virtusa
Cooperation, Sri Lanka [3].

Think it would be nice to work with you. Thank you in advance.

[1]  http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/GSoC_2011_Ideas_List
http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/GSoC_2011_Ideas_List
[2] http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/improve.php#devel
http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/improve.php#devel