[Phpmyadmin-devel] Theme contest

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 14:09:36 CET 2011

2011/2/14 Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>:
> Michal Čihař a écrit :
>> Hi all
>>
>> as the deadline for theme submission is over, we should create a survey
>> to choose the default theme.
>>
>> As we have only three submissions, I propose to include all themes we
>> currently have for 3.4. Links to demo server and screenshots are
>> currently on the wiki:
>>
>> http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Themes_in_Contest
>>

>> I've tried to setup survey on sf.net using LimeSurvey, but I failed:
>
> We could
> - wait for them to fix the problem
> - set up a survey somewhere else
> - my preference: publish in News and on phpmyadmin-users list the wiki
> page you mention, a date limite for voting and ask people to email their
> vote to contest at phpmyadmin.net

I don't really have a preference, but I guess it will take some time
to manually process all replies, with the survey that goes
automatically.

About the survey that Michal made :
* Is it possible to skip at least one of the two start screens? I
mean, from a users point of view, they just have to click one time to
choose a theme (and possible 5 times on the next question), so having
to go through 2 screens first before answering the question will take
some time and might annoy the surveytaker.
* making the name of the theme + screenshot linkable to the actual
theme can be a bit confusing. I mean, when the surveytaker chooses a
theme and clicks on it to cast a vote, it might be confusing to be
sent to another screen. Maybe the link on the name+ screenshot can be
removed and a separate link that says 'demo', or 'try the theme' can
be added to each option?

Greets,

Dieter

> --