[Phpmyadmin-devel] Testing request: Ajax features

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 20:51:34 CET 2011

On 2/19/2011 10:51 AM, Marc Delisle wrote:
> Le 2011-02-19 08:42, Isaac Bennetch a écrit :
>
>> 2 - When running an SQL query (from the main page, SQL tab), the query
>> seems to run successfully but a new query window appears briefly, then
>> is hidden and replaced with "Show query box" -- when it's shown, the
>> same content is now shown in two different query boxes.
>
> I cannot see same content in two different query boxes. Tested with FF
> 3.6.13 on Vista (after clearing my cache):
>
> - main page, click SQL
> - enter "SELECT VERSION();"
> - click Go
> - click Show query box

My report was slightly off; I was mistaken and the results do differ
slightly. I think it's only when an empty result set is returned.
-- Main page, click SQL
-- query as below:
CREATE USER 'query'@'%';
GRANT USAGE ON * . * TO 'query'@'%';
-- [end query]
-- click go
-- the page returned shows this in the query box, already revealed:
CREATE USER 'query'@'%';#MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero
rows).
GRANT USAGE ON * . * TO 'query'@'%';#MySQL returned an empty result set
(i.e. zero rows).
-- [end results]
-- Above this query box is the "Show query box" link, clicking it
reveals the original query.

Your test as well as others that return actual results, such as SHOW
DATABASES; do work properly.