[Phpmyadmin-devel] Testing request: Ajax features

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sun Feb 20 12:38:31 CET 2011

Le 2011-02-20 01:04, Isaac Bennetch a écrit :
> On 2/19/2011 5:53 PM, Marc Delisle wrote:
>> Le 2011-02-19 08:42, Isaac Bennetch a écrit :
>>> 4 - When running an SQL query from the SQL tab, the drop down notice
>>> says "Loading..." for quite a while, then disappears; it never says
>>> "Finished" or "Query run successfully" or "query run in 0.4352 seconds"
>>> or anything like that. I'd prefer to see notification that it's finished
>>> it's work, like in the add user dialog.
>>
>> Isaac,
>> What kind of query? If I enter for example
>> SELECT * FROM ACTOR
>>
>> I get the expected "Showing rows... " and "Query took x sec".
>> Admittedly, for a quick query the "Loading" stays there a little too long.
>
> Okay, it took a while to track down what I was seeing (because I was
> having trouble reproducing it). I'm less worried about this now than I
> was before, it seems minor. Maybe related to the multipart query in my
> third example below.
>
> I can get it to not show the text "Your SQL query has been executed
> successfully" isn't shown, nor "Showing rows 0-29 ( 200 total, Query
> took 0.002 sec)
>
>  From the main page SQL tab try these four queries and observe the results:
> - select * from sakila.actor;
> - show databases;
> - create user 'foo'@'%'; grant usage on * . * to 'foo'@'%'; -- no
> success feedback
> - create user 'bar'@'%';
>
> note that the third query gives no results or direct feedback, but if
> the two statements are run separately it does give the typical "Your SQL
> query has been executed successfully ( Query took 0.003 sec)
>
> It's kind of late so I hope I'm expressing it clearly. I'm sure you'll
> let me know if I'm not :-)

Yes it's clear. This is not a behavior specific to our Ajax
implementation: I get the same results if Ajax is disabled.

I get "Your SQL query has been executed successfully" for the SHOW
DATABASES, and the list of databases. This the last query that returns
results.

AFAIK this is the way phpMyAdmin behaves when running multiple queries
from one submit.