[Phpmyadmin-devel] about date/time picker

Adnan hiddenpearls at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 14:39:59 CET 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Le 2011-01-13 07:48, Michal Čihař a écrit :
> > Hi
> >
> > Dne Thu, 13 Jan 2011 07:43:00 -0500
> > Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> napsal(a):
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> after seeing a feature request to have an option to disable the picker
> >> (to work faster), I am wondering if we should not add an icon to trigger
> >> the picker, instead of its automatic display when clicking the field.
> >>
> >> What is more standard these days in terms of UI for date/time entering?
> >
> > I have no idea. What should be indeed fixed is that when losing focus
> > (eg. clicking outsite the chooser without clicking the Done button),
> > the field should not be updated by values from chooser.
>
> According to http://jqueryui.com/demos/datepicker/ you should hit Esc to
> do that (maybe it's not intuitive enough?) I did not find an option to
> modify this behavior.
>
> go here
http://jqueryui.com/demos/datepicker/#icon-trigger

and if u use this code

<script>
	$(function() {
		$( "#datepicker" ).datepicker({
			showOn: "button",
			buttonImage: "images/calendar.gif",
			buttonImageOnly: true
		});
	});
	</script>

then it will triggered when click on image shown next to date field.

P.S. I will try another time picker (another jQuery UI date picker
> add-on) because this one has issues with time manual input.

> > Protect Your Site and Customers from Malware Attacks
> > Learn about various malware tactics and how to avoid them. Understand
> > malware threats, the impact they can have on your business, and how you
> > can protect your company and customers by using code signing.
> > http://p.sf.net/sfu/oracle-sfdevnl

> Marc Delisle
> http://infomarc.info

Muhammad Adnan
Twitter: @hiddenpearls
I blog too do u know ? http:// www.imblog.info
Failure takes you higher than success ..!