[Phpmyadmin-devel] discussing wiki changes

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 17:58:47 CET 2011

Hello,

For those of you who are involved with the wiki, there are a few large
changes we're discussing. Michal proposed that this might be the best
vehicle for discussion, which seems to make good sense to me.

First:
Marc basically suggested creating subcategories for "Google Summer of
Code"; that would be the parent category with subcategories like "Google
Summer of Code 2011". Then pages like "GSoC 2011 Ideas List" would be in
"Category: Google Summer of Code 2011" which would then in turn be
"Category: Google Summer of Code". "GSoC 2011 Ideas List" would not
appear directly in "Google Summer of Code".

Any objections?

Second:
It's been proposed to completely abandon namespaces (such as Devel:) --
in some cases they can help, such as when a page clearly belongs only to
one namespace or the other, but many of our pages (for instance, the
GSoC pages) either live in the wrong namespace or could be assigned to both.

I do agree that everything currently in Devel: belongs there, but some
things in the (Main) namespace probably belong in Devel: and it might be
easier to administrate only one namespace...Then we wouldn't have to
think about (or discuss) which namespace a page belongs to or move it if
content changes.

What do you think?