[Phpmyadmin-devel] $cfg - Functions and RestrictFunctions

Piotr Przybylski piotr.prz at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 12:19:59 CEST 2011

2011/7/2 Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>:
> Le 2011-07-02 16:09, Piotr Przybylski a écrit :
>>>>

>>> Piotr,
>>> is this a problem to leave them configurable? Some users or providers
>>> probably changed the configuration since it is configurable.
>>>

>> No, I will just have to do a bit more work to filter this for Drizzle :)
>>
>> I was just wondering, because the only use case I can think of is to
>> add custom native functions.
>>
> It can be also to remove unused functions in order to shorten the lists.
>
> By the way, my assumption about the need of some for leaving it
> configurable is just an assumption.
>
> I suggest asking about this on the phpmyadmin-users list.

Adding Drizzle functions look messy [1] and I am not satisfied with
how this turned out. Here's an idea I would like to try, which would
make it cleaner while still leaving these arrays configurable the same
way as they are now:
1. I extract them to a separate file, eg. server_data_mysql.inc.php
2. arrays in config.default.php will become empty (just "array()").
3. If a non-empty value would appear in config.inc.php, it would
overwrite data from new server_data_mysql.inc.php
4. My Drizzle-specific code would go mostly to server_data_drizzle.inc.php

Pros:
- after code refactoring and committing 1-3 to master I have to change
just one file and make only small adjustments to add Drizzle support,
- on average, less code to parse for phpMyAdmin and less data to store
in memory because these are used only on three occasions - in db
routines, table creation and column editing.

[1] http://repo.or.cz/w/phpmyadmin/crack.git/commit/35843439dfdabd7bb65ebafd2c832bcc60ff6140

--
Piotr Przybylski