[Phpmyadmin-devel] Some bugs in master

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Sun Jul 10 22:34:10 CEST 2011

Hi

Dne Fri, 8 Jul 2011 15:52:16 +0300
Tyron Madlener <tyronx at gmail.com> napsal(a):

> By the way. I would like to improve that index part and the create
> table dialog but it takes away time for my original proposal.
>
> Does this work still count as work for the gsoc project, to some
> degree? I would not like to fail the mid-term/end-term evaluations
> because of that :(

You should primarily focus on planned project. However any extra
involvement is welcome and you won't surely fail at the evaluation
because of it if you meet your planned deliverables.

> On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Tyron Madlener <tyronx at gmail.com> wrote:
> > While working on the Status page monitor I noticed some bugs in the
> > current master demo:
> >
> > - In table structure and table browse, the functions you can use on
> > multiple rows ( Check All / Uncheck all With selected: [ the links
> > here ]) are not marked as links anymore. The cursor doesn't turn into
> > a hand either when hovering over. Also there's lots of unnecessary
> > horizontal space between the links.
> >
> > - Create following table:
> >    CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `test` (
> >      `test` datetime NOT NULL,
> >      `idx` int(11) NOT NULL
> >    ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;
> >
> >   then go to the SQL tab and execute the following:
> >
> >    INSERT INTO `test` VALUES('0000-00-00 00:00:00', 1);
> >    INSERT INTO `test` VALUES('0000-00-00 00:00:00', 2);
> >    INSERT INTO `test` VALUES('0000-00-00 00:00:00', 3);
> >    INSERT INTO `test` VALUES('0000-00-00 00:00:00', 4);
> >    INSERT INTO `test` VALUES('0000-00-00 00:00:00', 5);
> >
> >  This will cause the loading message to appear and disappear a second
> > later with no feedback of whether the query was successful

Please file a bug for this :-)

> > - On my thinkpad with a resolution of 1024x768 its almost impossible
> > to create a table, since both 'create table' links now open a jquery
> > dialog. We really need to fix that create table dialog.

Middle click (open in new tab) works, but I also hate this.

--
	Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://phpmyadmin.cz