[Phpmyadmin-devel] AJAXify phpMyAdmin Interface - GSOC 2011 - Table->Structure ->Column->Change

Thilanka Kaushalya lgtkaushalya at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 10:14:08 CEST 2011

Hi Marc,

Feature merged, thanks.

> A possible improvement: when you create a table having a VARCHAR column
> and you forget the length, you get a nice "This is not a number" message.
>
> There is no such nice message when changing a column, so you get an
> error that does not point to the real problem.
>
> I fixed this issue for the ajax enabled scenario by using the "*
checkTableEditForm()*" function and pushed the code to the repo. But for non
ajax scenario I didn't handled yet. For applying this in the non ajax
behavior I have to move the  "*$("#append_fields_form
input[name=do_save_data]").live('click')*" action to functions.js file in
order to make accessible at the tbl_alter.php file. Is it okay to have this
action in functions.js file and the other actions related to change option
in tbl_structure.js file. If it is okay I'll change that. Thank you.

Regards,
Thilanka.

--
L G Thilanka Kaushalya