[Phpmyadmin-devel] Obsoleting 2.11

Tyron Madlener tyronx at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 11:09:39 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I think it's time to officially obsolete 2.11 branch. The PHP and MySQL
> versions it supports are anyway no longer supported by their upstreams.
>
> Any objections to removing all mentions of 2.11 from website?

The current requirements of pma 3.x is PHP 5.2 and MySQL 5, which has
been released over 5 years ago. From that point of view everyone
should be able to run pma 3.x by now, so probably good idea to remove
2.11.

By the way, the following sentence on http://demo.phpmyadmin.net could
be a bit better articulated

"Feel free to try any of phpMyAdmin features, if you break something,
database server should be restored within hour. Databases are cleaned
up on start of week, so do not expect that your data will stay here
forever."

This might be a bit clearer:

"Feel free to try any of the phpMyAdmin features. If you break
something, just wait a while. The database configuration resets every
hour. Databases are cleaned every Monday morning, so do not expect
that your data will stay there forever.