[Phpmyadmin-devel] Obsoleting 2.11

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Tue Jul 12 14:05:02 CEST 2011

Le 2011-07-11 17:10, Dieter Adriaenssens a écrit :
> 2011/7/11 Marc Delisle<marc at infomarc.info>:
>> Le 2011-07-11 04:40, Michal Čihař a écrit :
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> I think it's time to officially obsolete 2.11 branch. The PHP and MySQL
>>> versions it supports are anyway no longer supported by their upstreams.
>>>
>>> Any objections to removing all mentions of 2.11 from website?
>>
>> Just to be clear, we also stop security fixes for this branch. I think
>> this should be posted as a news item.
>
> Yes, we definitely need a news item announcing the official retirement of 2.*
> and that no security fixes will be released anymore.

I have posted this on the News page, if nobody objects I'll mail it
later today to the phpmyadmin-news list:
phpMyAdmin 2.11 end of life

The phpMyAdmin team announces the end of life for the 2.11 branch. No
fixes or security fixes will happen. Note that this is the version used
on servers with old PHP 4 and MySQL < 5.0 technology. Version 2.11.11.3
will remain in the older releases download area.