[Phpmyadmin-devel] Unit testing

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Wed Jul 13 10:47:19 CEST 2011

Hi all (and especially Zarubin :-))

I started to setup testing server, however I'm somehow stuck.

I followed http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/TestingEnvironment and I
believe I have all components in place. However running all tests is
something I can not manage. http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/UnitTesting
mentions some configuration files, but no matter what I try, the tests
are not run.

Running single test seems to work:

$ phpunit test/libraries/core/PMA_isValid_test.php
PHPUnit 3.5.5 by Sebastian Bergmann.

PMA_isValid_test

 testNoVarType
 testSimilarType
.

Time: 0 seconds, Memory: 8.25Mb

OK (39 tests, 68 assertions)

Writing code coverage data to XML file, this may take a moment.

Generating code coverage report, this may take a moment.

However there seems to be wrong configuration somewhere using
backslashes instead of slashes so it creates files like
build\logs\junit.xml