[Phpmyadmin-devel] XML export

Piotr Przybylski piotr.prz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 00:28:22 CEST 2011

Hi,

Is XML export used at all? It was missing data escaping in many
places, and structure (table, function, ...) export was just broken. I
fixed it a bit, but there are still some problems that remain:
- escaping of table/db names and data in other encodings than ISO-8859-1
- it uses SHOW CREATE TABLE without any required fixes

File format itself is interesting. I don't expect XML Schema for it to
exist, but at least namespace usage should be consistent.

I think fixing this and rewriting output format to be more consistent
should appear on Tasks for junior developers. And maybe extending it
to output data in more concise format, eg.:
<row>
<column_name>value</column_name>
</row>

--