[Phpmyadmin-devel] AJAXify phpMyAdmin Interface - GSOC 2011 - Table->Structure ->Column->Change

Thilanka Kaushalya lgtkaushalya at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 17:21:44 CEST 2011

Hi Marc,

I remember mentioning this before, but you must have forgotten about it.
> >From what I can see, in all parts of your project you have left
> footnotes in your ajax dialogs, instead of converting them to tooltips.
> Please find attached a screenshot that shows the difference between one
> and the other. If you want to use tooltips (I think it's a good idea),
> then you will have to convert the footnotes right after you show your
> ajax dialog to the user, the function that does the conversion is called
> initTooltips() and it resides inside functions.js. However, after a
> quick glance at that function, it looks to me like it needs to be
> modified a small bit. Right now it looks for elements across the whole
> of the DOM, but it would be better to be able to pass to it an optional
> jQuery object as a parameter, so that it is possible to make it look for
> footnotes and the respective markers inside a particular object only.
> Hope this helps :)

If I change the initTooltips() function by adding a jquery object parameter
to it, it will be effect to the places where this function is already used.
So what should I do for this. Thank you.

Regards,
Thilanka.

--
L G Thilanka Kaushalya