[Phpmyadmin-devel] AJAXify phpMyAdmin Interface - GSOC 2011 - Table->Structure ->Column->Change

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Fri Jul 15 19:51:30 CEST 2011

Le 2011-07-15 11:21, Thilanka Kaushalya a écrit :
> Hi Marc,
>
> I remember mentioning this before, but you must have forgotten about it.
>> >From what I can see, in all parts of your project you have left
>> footnotes in your ajax dialogs, instead of converting them to tooltips.
>> Please find attached a screenshot that shows the difference between one
>> and the other. If you want to use tooltips (I think it's a good idea),
>> then you will have to convert the footnotes right after you show your
>> ajax dialog to the user, the function that does the conversion is called
>> initTooltips() and it resides inside functions.js. However, after a
>> quick glance at that function, it looks to me like it needs to be
>> modified a small bit. Right now it looks for elements across the whole
>> of the DOM, but it would be better to be able to pass to it an optional
>> jQuery object as a parameter, so that it is possible to make it look for
>> footnotes and the respective markers inside a particular object only.
>> Hope this helps :)

A change in logic will be needed as well, as the generated ids for
footnotes are duplicated in some cases. For example, on the database
Structure page, I already have footnotes converted to tooltips; when I
click Insert for a table, the popup panel has the same ids in the
".footnotes span", compared to those that had been generated for the
Structure page.