[Phpmyadmin-devel] Timepicker dialog

Tyron Madlener tyronx at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 13:14:55 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 1:36 PM, Rouslan Placella <rouslan at placella.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-07-19 at 13:02 +0300, Tyron Madlener wrote:
>> Rouslan, about your patch "Fix for bug #3354356 - Timepicker does not
>> work in AJAX dialogs", commit 9e34ccf57cfc97c3cac6d7f9ceecd6e1cc89e10d
>>
>> This fix is flawed. The z-index is calculated by the amount of opened
>> widgets. So as soon as there is one more widget opened, the timepicker
>> will appear in the background again.
>>
>> One way to get it working would be using following code in the
>> beforeShow event in PMA_addDatepicker()/functions.js
>>
>> // Fix wrong timepicker z-index, doesn't work without timeout
>> setTimeout(function() {
>>     $('#ui-timepicker-div').css('z-index',$('#ui-datepicker-div').css('z-index'))
>> },0);
>>
>> If pushed this change to my repo, so if it will be merged to master,
>> the bug will be fixed already.
>
> Nice catch. I was testing on modal dialogs, no wonder I didn't catch
> this problem. Did you find an area of PMA where timepickers are used on
> non-modal dialogs?

Actually I was referring to modal dialogs. I am using timepickers
inside a dialog in the monitor tab I'm building. There I had the case,
even with only 1 dialog opened, that the z-index of the dialog was
1004.

But you can reliably reproduce this bug by opening one dialog, and
then a second with the timepicker inside.
(Im my repo, one case is opening the 'Instructions/Setup' dialog on
the Server status => Monitor then starting the monitor and select an
area in a graph. That will open a second dialog containing a input
field initialized with a timepicker. This however works correctly
since I already pushed the patch to my repo. But you can see the
z-index is not 1003 anymore.)