[Phpmyadmin-devel] Some bugs in master

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Wed Jul 20 15:27:34 CEST 2011

Hi

Dne Thu, 14 Jul 2011 11:14:26 +0300
Tyron Madlener <tyronx at gmail.com> napsal(a):

> 2011/7/12 Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com>:
> > It should be libraries/display_tbl.lib.php somewhere near usage of
> > MaxExactCount.
>
> This code there is seriously odd. $unlim_num_rows seems to be the
> total count of rows, which, from what I can see, is calculated in
> PMA_setDisplayMode()
> There it calls PMA_Table::countRecords($db, $table) without checking
> for views or innodb. countRecords() in Table.class.php I can see it
> doesn't calculate the count for views or only up to a limit of
> MaxExactCountViews.
>
> But I don't see any limit being applied when the table engine is InnoDB.
>
> Either way, for limiting the count on CSV Engine tables, I guess that
> should be done in countRecords() in Table.class.php?

It should be done for both in same places and using same logic. If it
currently does not work for InnoDB that needs to be fixed as well.

> The status page currently loads 21 seperate javascript files, and the
> delay introduced by this gets quite the noticeable. So I would like to
> keep the amount of loaded js files as small as possible by removing
> what is not required
> - codemiror.js + mysql.js should only go where it's needed (-2)

I've included these ones on places where they should be needed, still
might need some adjustments for AJAX (though it's not dynamically
attached anywhere, so I don't think there will be a problem).

> - load chart export on demand (-3)
> - load monitor js code on demand (-2.5)
> - We could merge always included files into one: functions.js, jquery,
> jquery.ui,  jquery.qtip (-3)

Merging third party scripts will cause problems on upgrading them, but
maybe this is something what could be done on release time (similar to
compression of javascript we do on release).

> Then the amount of loaded files would be half already, in the case of
> the status page.
>
> Checking with chromes devtools it takes around 4 seconds to load the
> status page. With js disabled it takes around 2.3 seconds. So the js
> accounts for almost half the loading time (and CSS Sprites could
> probably save us half of that 2.3secs).
>
> With the js files reduced, the not immediately needed js code loaded
> only on demand and css sprites I bet we could get the loading time
> down to 2 seconds. 4s is way to much imo.

4s sounds definitely too much.