[Phpmyadmin-devel] about CSS overrides

Tyron Madlener tyronx at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 10:08:00 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 10:19 AM, Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Dne Wed, 20 Jul 2011 09:25:25 -0400
> Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> napsal(a):
>
>> the idea of CSS overrides, as discussed on this list, was to avoid a
>> problem with future upgrades of jQuery UI inside phpMyAdmin.
>
> The cost for that being extra request on every page. It would make more
> sense to add anything what needs to be overridden into regular CSS if
> we really want to avoid changes in jQuery CSS.

I fully agree with that. Sounds actually like a good idea to put the
jQuery UI CSS Overrides into theme_right.css.php.
Alternatively, the css could still be a seperate file, but included
server side by theme_right.css.php.

> Maybe even jQuery CSS
> should not be part of theme and theme should only override things it
> wants different from the defaults?

I would suggest to still leave it theme specific. Since you can build
together jquery ui themes on http://jqueryui.com/themeroller/, a
person building a new theme might want to completely change the style
of jquery ui css and he can do so easily since there is (currently) no
overrides.