[Phpmyadmin-devel] AJAXify phpMyAdmin Interface - GSOC 2011 - Table->Structure ->Column->Change

Thilanka Kaushalya lgtkaushalya at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 13:40:15 CEST 2011

Hi Marc,

1. please follow Rouslan's suggestions; however, the variable, after the
> split, really contains a span id (to find the other footnote span)
>
> 2. please add a comment just before the line containing the split,
> explaining that this variable contains two classes at this point (for
> example "footnotemarker footnote_1_1")
>
> 3. also add a comment, using for example footnote_2_3 and that after the
> split, the variable contains 2, so will find the footnote #2

I did the above changes and pushed to the repo.

> I find it a bit hazardous to use this split on a string which contains
> two classes. You never know, another class having an underscore could be
> added to this element in the future.

I change the logic a little, and in that case it is more safe with splitting
and getting the id.

> Another thing I find unclear: in  and
> PMA_convertFootnotesToTooltips()  you have kept the principle of using
> the instance of the footnote, even though the goal of the instance was
> only to have unique ids. IMO you should get rid of the instance.

I removed it and pushed my changes to the repo.

Now I find two new errors with this.One is an firebug error which says w"
http://localhost/phpmyadmin-gsoc/themes/pmahomme/img/ic_b_triggers 404 (Not
Found)" when I click on "DB->Structure->insert". It appears in non ajax
scenario also.

The next one is when I go to "Sakila" database and try to insert for
actor_info table it gives an error. But in ajax enabled dialog shows the
json string is not parsed clearly. I cannot parse the whole data content at
the "$("td.insert_table a.ajax").live('click')" action in db_structure.js
file because the returned content from tbl_change.php file is not 100% an
json response. That ajax response was passed at the line 604 in
common.lib.php and it seems not parsing correctly. Can you please help me on
this issue. Thank you.

Regards,
Thilanka.

--