[Phpmyadmin-devel] [phpMyAdmin] bug ID: 3306875

Marcos Mendonça marcosm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 13:49:59 CEST 2011

Hi Marc,

First of all thanks for your attention and time.

Yes, I'm ok with the environment. What I could use is a basic
walkthrough on the phpMyAdmin code structure or maybe I can find a
link to the API.

This seems pretty obvious, so my starting point is db_operations.php.
I was reading the mysql documentation and apparently there's a
difference in the way some versions of MySQL deal with the rename
operation. So, from what I can get phpMyAdmin does a export, create
database with new name and them import old database right?

Is this the the road to follow?

Thanks

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 6:46 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:
> Le 2011-07-20 17:33, Marcos Mendonça a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've been using phpMyAdmin for a while now and recently started with a
>> group focused on open source. Personally, I'd like to contribute with
>> phpMyAdmin. So I joined the list and going through the buglist I run
>> into issue: 3306875 Can't rename a database that contains views.
>>
>> I'm still getting familiar with the code, so I could use some pointers
>> or directions that could help me find a solution for this one.
>>
>> Thanks any help in advance.
>>
> Hi Marcos,
> first, an environment like the free NetBeans IDE with PHP support +
> Xdebug is very useful to be able to trace the code and see where the bug
> happens; are you familiar with such an environment?
>
> --
> Marc Delisle
> http://infomarc.info

Marcos Mendonça