[Phpmyadmin-devel] Grid editing versus Inline edit

Aris Feryanto aris_feryanto at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 22 15:16:17 CEST 2011

----- Original Message -----

> From: Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>
>
> Hi,
> I just tried Aris's new feature: grid editing (or Edit mode). A few
> things are not ready, for example ENUM, SET and TEXT editing; however I
> feel that with this, we won't need inline edit (for rows) any more.

Hi Marc and all,

Yes, it is still not complete yet. I'm still working on adding support for different data types and fixing bugs. Things I've noticed:

- the feature still does not work well with inline edit
- there is still a problem with data transformation
- make grid editing available to those table cell which doesn't have .inline_edit class (e.g., TEXT)

I also planned to add an option to turn on/off "ask before saving". Besides these things, the UI and editing mode can be tested in [0]. Any feedback or comment is really appreciated.

[0] http://demo.phpmyadmin.net/gsoc-aris

--
Aris Feryanto