[Phpmyadmin-devel] Zoom search : Support for plotting strings

Ammar Yasir ammaryasir.88 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 02:00:47 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 10:32 PM, Ammar Yasir <ammaryasir.88 at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 8:30 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:
>
>> Ammar,
>> on the positive side, I very much like the new way of editing a data
>> point in a separate window.
>>
>> I have a few problems:
>> - when dragging the bottom-right corner to resize the plot, under
>> Firefox 5.0 / Vista: uncaught exception.
>>
>> - when testing under IE 9 / Vista, choosing a column in the criteria
>> does not show other column's information so I cannot ask for film_id <
>> 100.
>>
>> Also, I believe that an issue was in discussion: what happens with huge
>> tables?
>>
>> There is one more issue: If the window opens other dialogues like the
> timepicker, in some cases the timepicker is not operable. Like the film
> table in saklila  (last_update). The other dialog should always come on top
> of the previous to make it work properly. I'll look into it.
>
>> --
>>
>> Hi,

I added the support for plotting of stings. The logic is as per my week9
report. Try plotting with 'film_id' and 'title' fields for the 'film' table
in sakila database. Though the title text might mix up but I've improved on
it so that at least all labels are not shown. Like numerical values here
also divisions are created on the axes and on zooming the divisions get
smaller and labels within that division start to appear. When 4-5 points are
on the plot the titles can be seen clearly. I think this is what we
initially aimed for.
The edit feature (query generations is okay, re-plotting the chart needs to
be modified) needs some change for this support.