[Phpmyadmin-devel] Show/hide column feature

Aris Feryanto aris_feryanto at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 27 03:37:43 CEST 2011

----- Original Message -----

> From: Rouslan Placella <rouslan at placella.com>
>
> On Tue, 2011-07-26 at 22:11 +0300, Tyron Madlener wrote:
>>  On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 8:27 PM, Aris Feryanto
> <aris_feryanto at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>  > Hi Tyron,
>>  >
>>  > On 26 Jul 2011, at 21:07, Tyron Madlener <tyronx at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>  >
>>  >> Hi Aris
>>  >>
>>  >> Is there any possibility to partly or fully reuse the code for
> column
>>  >> show/hide feature and the column reordering?
>>  >> I would very much like to use the same features for my log tables
> on
>>  >> the Status page -> Monitor Tab.
>>  >
>>  > With current code, I think it is possible, but not fully compatible
> since current code is built to work with browse-mode table. Column reordering
> may work correctly, but you need to add "draggable" class for each
> <th> that want to be reordered. While for show/hide column, I think it
> won't work correctly, unless there is at least one "non-draggable"
> <th> like the "Action" <th> in browse-mode to place the
> column visibility drop-down.
>>

>>  That's good to hear. Sounds like it wouldn't be too much efforts to
>>  adjust to code to work for my tables :-)
>>
>>  >
>>  > Btw, about log tables on the Status -> Monitor, how to show the
> table? I have set log_output to TABLE, but cannot see the table. Maybe I can
> give a better description if I can see the table.
>
> general_log and slow_log are tables in the mysql db ;)
>

> Rouslan
>
>>  If general_log and/or slow_log is enabled to the server will start
>>  accumulate logs into those tables. Then you can select a timespan on
>>  any of the charts with the mouse. This will open a dialog where you
>>  can select to load data from either general_log or slow_log.

Thanks. I can see the table now.

Also, with current code, we need to create a reorder hint, hidden input element (id: col_order_hint), in order to make the reordering works. I've planned to refactor the code in js/makegrid.js, and hopefully I can make it as generic as possible, so we don't have to specify the hint or draggable class for applying the features in another table. I'll post to this list when it is ready.

--
Aris Feryanto