[Phpmyadmin-devel] Zoom-search and initial data reading

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Wed Jul 27 12:07:34 CEST 2011

Ammar,
With Firebug I had a look at the network traffic when I click a data
point to edit it: I was surprised to see none.

IMO this is not good: it means that all the columns for all rows are in
memory, making the browser able to handle far less rows.

Is there a reason why you are reading the complete rows to generate the
plot? I expected that you would just read the necessary columns, then
use AJAX to read a complete row when the user wants to edit it.