[Phpmyadmin-devel] Grid editing : saving mode

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Thu Jul 28 19:09:33 CEST 2011

Aris Feryanto a écrit :
> [...]

I confirm the fix.

> Please check the new code and let me know what do you think about it.

I am not familiar with this kind of syntax:
   postEditedCell: function() {

Could you explain why this was needed?

Other remarks:

1. After saving all at once, there is an empty div with class notice
about the displayed UPDATE statement.

2. I wonder about the best place to display the "Save edited data"
button. Maybe on the data row (next to the other actions link)?

3. I hope that we'll get the OK from other developers to remove the row
inline edit feature, because with the current code,

3.1 we have two features to do almost the same thing
3.2 currently, clicking on inline edit then on a cell activates the grid
editing!

4. With this feature, we have the same problems as with inline edit,
such as:

4.1 (minor) If there is a sort over one column then this column is
edited for one row, the sorting order is no longer respected

4.2 (major) For tables with a unique key, if this key is edited, the
Edit, Copy and Delete links no longer contain a valid where_clause
parameter and the multi-rows actions at the bottom (with selected) no
longer work.

4.3 (major) For tables without a unique key, if any column is edited,
the Edit, Copy and Delete links no longer contain a valid where_clause
parameter and the multi-rows actions at the bottom (with selected) no
longer work.

>>>  Currently, I only add the configuration in the Settings page.
>> It will be needed also in /setup.
>
> I have added the /setup in my commit before.

Great.