[Phpmyadmin-devel] Query analyzer

Tyron Madlener tyronx at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 21:35:16 CEST 2011

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 9:13 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

>>> I admit I had not read all the "Using the monitor" explanation, but I
>>> have a suggestion. The second paragraph starting with "When you get to
>>> see..." should have a bold title like "Displaying queries for a time
>>> span". This would have got my attention better.
>>
>> Ok, I've changed the whole paragraph to:
>> "To display queries from the logs, select the relevant time span on
>> any chart by holding down the left mouse button and panning over the
>> chart. Once confirmed, this will load a table of grouped queries,
>> there you may click on any occuring SELECT statements to further
>> analyze them."
>>
>> This is shorter and should be more clear, I hope :)
>
> Well, I liked the idea of "sudden spike of activity".

It's a good example but probably doesn't quite represent what a
database administrator should be doing (as in staring at the screen
looking for activity spikes all day long ;-), meaning it could also be
under permanent heavy load.

> Do you plan to add a bold title for this paragraph?

That would look not harmonic to me. That paragraph should be read as
part of the 'Using the Monitor'-"chapter", but putting a bold line
above there would make it look like it's not part of 'Using the
Monitor'. Then I would need to make the other bold lines in a bigger
font, which might not look the same nice.
Does that make sense somehow? :)