[Phpmyadmin-devel] Grid editing

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sun Jul 31 22:01:57 CEST 2011

Le 2011-07-31 13:15, Aris Feryanto a écrit :

>> data"
>>>
>>> Is "next to the other actions link" means somewhere near
>> "Edit" or
>>> "Delete" button?
>> Yes.
>
> Does it mean the buttons will be shown per row? IMO, single button to
> save all edited fields will be the best.

Ok, I was not thinking about using this feature for multi-row editing.
Forget my remark, sorry.

>>> I hope so. Any objections?

Still waiting for input from other developers...

>>> Two problems above were fixed.
>>
>> It's a good progress but the fix is not complete.
>>
>> About remark 4.2, the Delete link still refers to the old unique
>> key.
>
> It's weird, since this works in my test. Could you please check this
> again?

The real problem is that the confirmation message shown before deletion
still contains the old key. Deletion itself works but I had stopped to
test after seeing the wrong confirmation message.

>> About multi-row actions, here is a scenario: - open sakila.actor -
>> use the checkbox on two rows - in the "With selected", click
>> Export - it works: you are seeing these keys in the generated
>> query

>> unique key and save - use the checkbox on two rows, including the
>> one you just grid-edited - in the "With selected", click Export -
>> problem: incorrect generated query for the grid-edited row
>
> Yap. It still generates wrong export. I'll fix this.
>

>> About remark 4.3, the Edit link still points to the old data and
>> fails, in the case of a table lacking a unique key.
>>

> Same as the response for 4.2, this works on my test. Could you check
> this again?

I confirm the problem, on a copy of the sakila.actor table where I have
removed all indexes. I think it's because the last_update column (a
timestamp) was updated via grid-editing but the URL still contains the
previous value.

> Thank you. :)

5. Just found out another problem, when the configuration AjaxEnable is
set to false.

Trying your version with latest commit
0d197603085c43cac543351795b3df6de4167b96 with Firefox 5 on sakila.actor,
I cannot change the actor_id then click "Save edited data". Look what is
generated:

UPDATE `sakila`.`actor` SET = '4002' WHERE `actor2`.`actor_id` =2