[Phpmyadmin-devel] Zoom Search

Madhura Jayaratne madhura.cj at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 13:00:34 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 2:10 AM, Ammar Yasir <ammaryasir.88 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 1:55 AM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:
>
>> Ammar Yasir a écrit :
>> >

>> > On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 10:14 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info
>> > <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>> wrote:
>> >
>> >     Ammar Yasir a écrit :
>> >
>> >      > Parts refactored are:
>> >      > - Setting titles (titles['Browse']])
>> >      > - getting fields list (getting column details)
>> >      > - setting sub-tabs (Table search and Zoom search)
>> >      > - setting table header of QBE display
>> >      > - displaying foreign data
>> >      > - search criteria input elements (HTML content generation for the
>> >     input
>> >      > elements)
>> >
>> >     Very good!
>> >
>> >     Another trick you can use: when a function returns an array, like
>> your
>> >     PMA_tbl_getFields(), to fill all the returned values in one
>> statement
>> >     you can use this syntax:
>> >
>> >     list($fields_list, $fields_type, $fields_collation, $fields_null) =
>> >     PMA_tbl_getFields($table,$db);
>> >

>> > I made some more changes.
>>
>> OK. There are still a few tab characters (found some in
>> libraries/tbl_select.lib.php).
>>
>> > Should I proceed now to try the charting libraries?
>>
>> Yes but in your proposal you wrote that you preferred jQuery-SVG so I
>> assume you'll try this one first?
>>
>> I'll try SVG first. I'm following what others have to say about SVG,
> Madhura is using it for his GIS visualization. Tyron proposed real-time
> charting but I don't think it'll be of much help in our case.
>

>> Hi Ammar,

I'm not sure what exactly your requirement is. But pls have a look at the
visualization of data at [1] by clicking on the 'Visualize GIS data' link in
the 'Query results operations' section towards the bottom of the page. Try
out zooming by double clicking and panning by dragging. I believe you are
looking for something like this for your zoom search feature.

Hope this is useful.

--
Thanks and Regards,

Madhura Jayaratne