[Phpmyadmin-devel] Proposed changes to create_tables.sql (mainly pma_recent and pma_uiprefs)

Piotr Przybylski piotr.prz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 01:16:01 CEST 2011

2011/6/1 Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>:
> Piotr Przybylski a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was looking at create_tables.sql and spotted some places we can
>> change to simplify this file. If possible, I would like to change
>> these:
>>
>> 1) Remove all charset and collation overrides for columns which
>> specify utf8/utf8_bin, as they already inherit that from table
>> settings (concerns pma_recent, pma_uiprefs and pma_tracking).
>> 2) Remove "DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin" for all
>> tables, as this is default setting in 'phpmyadmin' database. Unless we
>> think that our users have their databases incorrectly created.
>> 3) Change BLOB to TEXT in pma_recent and pma_table_uiprefs - they
>> store text data (JSON), not binary data.
>>
> Piotr,
> Agreed for all this.

Ok, pushed to master. This allowed me for less differences between
MySQL and Drizzle scripts.

Michal, can you update my demo [1] to use configuration storage in
Drizzle database? SQL script is in my latest commit [2].

[1] http://demo.phpmyadmin.net/gsoc-piotr/
[2] http://repo.or.cz/w/phpmyadmin/crack.git/commit/10c7353c3ce58b5dc1bee1ac03440050cd0536f9

--
Piotr Przybylski