[Phpmyadmin-devel] GIS visualization

Tyron Madlener tyronx at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 10:02:42 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 4:27 AM, Madhura Jayaratne <madhura.cj at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 1:42 AM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:
>>
>> Madhura Jayaratne a écrit :
>> (...)
>> >      >     Hi Ammar,
>> >      >
>> >      >     I'm not sure what exactly your requirement is. But pls have a
>> >     look
>> >      >     at the visualization of data at [1] by clicking on the
>> > 'Visualize
>> >      >     GIS data' link in the 'Query results operations' section
>> >     towards the
>> >      >     bottom of the page. Try out zooming by double clicking and
>> >     panning
>> >      >     by dragging. I believe you are looking for something like
>> >     this for
>> >      >     your zoom search feature.
>> >
>> >     Madhura,
>> >
>> >     I have issues operating panning and zooming. Here is the scenario:
>> >
>> >     1. Browse world_cities and click Visualize GIS data
>> >     2. Click-drag: pans OK
>> >     3. Double-click: this is a zoom out, I guess
>> >     4. Click-drag: no panning
>> >     5. Click "zoom out": data points are enlarging, isn't this a
>> > zoom-in?
>> >
>> > Marc,
>> >
>> > This is a Firefox compatibility problem. Resolved and pushed to the
>> > repo. Demo will take some time to upgrade to the new version. Meanwhile
>> > if you have Chrome, you can still experience what it's suppose to do.
>>
>> Madhura,
>> ok, panning and zooming are fine now.
>>
>> Is the saving feature ready? I tried to save in PNG and got a bunch of
>> binary data on-screen.
>>
>> Saving in PDF generates
>> Fatal error: Call to undefined method
>> PMA_GIS_Visualization::toFileAsPdf() in
>> /srv/http/pma.cihar.com/gsoc-madhura/libraries/gis_visualization.lib.php
>> on line 161
>>
>> --
>> Marc Delisle
>> http://infomarc.info
>>
> Hi Marc,
> In my previous mail to the group, I mentioned that this feature is not yet
> ready. BTW, this is a feature which is to be delivered in the second half of
> GSoC (after mid-term eval), according to the schedule. However I started
> working on it, since it is very much related to what I've done so far. I
> should be able to get it ready (for all 3 formats, SVG, PNG and PDF) by the
> end of this week.

Just in case I'm allowed to use Highcharts, could you make your
conversion code generic enough so I could use it too? :)
And just for your information, the current SVG converter of highcharts
uses following post variables to a php file that calls a java tool
(source is available btw):

 * $tempName string The desired filename without extension
 * $type string The MIME type for export.
 * $width int The pixel width of the exported raster image. The height
is calculated.
 * $svg string The SVG source code to convert.