[Phpmyadmin-devel] .gitignore /locale/ for external libraries

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 11:45:42 CEST 2011

2011/6/5 Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>:
> Le 2011-06-04 08:19, Dieter Adriaenssens a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> With commit 78b6f3d6 by Michal, /locale/ gets ignored in master.
>> For the PHPExcel library this means the /locale/ directory is no
>> longer under sourcecontrol.
>> I don't think we use the translations for PHPExcel, and they probably
>> can be removed (during the planned process of stripping the parts of
>> that library we don't use), but maybe we should keep them for now?
>> Or not, as it probably doesn't break exporting and it only affects
>> master and should be solved by the release of 3.5
>>

> Looking at the code even before this commit, I see no "locale" in
> phpMyAdmin's PHPExcel.

Then it never got checked in when upgrading to the latest PHPExcel
version (and was still hanging around in my local pma directory, being
ignored by git).

I understand why, now : before Michal's commit 'locale' was being
ignored, and thus the locale directory of PHPExcel. Now '/locale/' is
being ignored, which only applies to the locale directory in the root
directory, and not anymore to the PHPExcel locale dir, which explains
why git reports to add the PHPExcel locale directory.

I will test if PHPExcel works without the locale dir, and if not, add
it. But I guess it works without as we haven't had reports of Excel
exports not working anymore (or did we?)

Kind regards,

Dieter