[Phpmyadmin-devel] Zoom Search

Ammar Yasir ammaryasir.88 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 04:28:12 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 10:35 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> [...]
> >             section towards the
> >              >     bottom of the page. Try out zooming by double
> >             clicking and panning
> >              >     by dragging. I believe you are looking for something
> >             like this for
> >              >     your zoom search feature.
> >
> >             Madhura,
> >
> >             I have issues operating panning and zooming. Here is the
> >             scenario:
> >
> >             1. Browse world_cities and click Visualize GIS data
> >             2. Click-drag: pans OK
> >             3. Double-click: this is a zoom out, I guess
> >             4. Click-drag: no panning
> >             5. Click "zoom out": data points are enlarging, isn't this a
> >             zoom-in?
> >
> >         Marc,
> >
> >         This is a Firefox compatibility problem. Resolved and pushed to
> >         the repo. Demo will take some time to upgrade to the new
> >         version. Meanwhile if you have Chrome, you can still experience
> >         what it's suppose to do.
> >

> >         --
> >         Thanks and Regards,
> >
> >         Madhura Jayaratne
> >

> >     Hi,
> >     I was looking up jQuery-SVG and SVG past two days. There has been a
> >     discussion going on in the list about whether to include a different
> >     plotting library than existing(pChart). For now, instead of
> >     including another plotting library, I've developed a prototype that
> >     creates the plot using just SVG. I'll push it to my repo sometime
> >     later today.
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > I've pushed my work. The basic plot functionality is implemented along
> > with classes for the same. Currently it works only for numeric fields,
> > I'll add support for other data types after some testing. You can try
> > scenarios in 'sakila' database and search 'films' or 'film_actor' table.
>
> Ammar,
> I'm concentrating on testing the interface right now, haven't looked at
> the code yet.
>
> Hi,

> 1. Let's say I choose film_actor, activate actor_id and film_id and
> enter 1 as the actor id. When I get the results, I no longer see the
> value I entered in the dialog.
>
> But this scenario gives me a notice:
> Notice in ./libraries/svg_plot/pma_scatter_plot.php#224
> Undefined index:
>
> Backtrace
>
> ./libraries/svg_plot/pma_scatter_plot.php#161:
> PMA_Scatter_Plot->_prepareDataSet(
> array,
> integer 0,
> array,
> string ,
> )
> ./libraries/svg_plot/pma_scatter_plot.php#176: PMA_Scatter_Plot->_svg()
> ./libraries/tbl_select.lib.php#373: PMA_Scatter_Plot->asSVG()
> ./tbl_zoom_select.php#131: PMA_SVG_scatter_plot(
> array,
> array,
> )
>
> I fixed this issue. The notice comes if you do not select a label, I added
a default to it so the notice should not come now.

> 2. What should I enter as data label to have meaningful results? Please
> give an example.
>
> Actually, we had to show a label for each data point. So for example in
'film' table or 'actor' table 'name' could be a label for points. I haven't
implemented showing the label yet, the selection just stores the label for
each point internally. I thought showing the label for now (without the zoom
feature) would make the plot very difficult to understand.

> 3. Did you find a table (in sakila) for which choosing two columns and
> generating a plot would make me recognize some kind of trend in the data?
>
> As an example, on a copy of the film table I did
>  update film_copy set length = length*3 where film_id > 500
>
> and I was able to see some trend in the plot.
>
> I've added plotting string fields too, so some scenarios in sakila database
you can check:
    'film_list' or 'nicer_but_slower_film_list' tables, plot fid vs category
    'sales_by_film_category'  table, plot total_sales vs category
    'payment' table, plot customer_id vs amount