[Phpmyadmin-devel] AJAXify phpMyAdmin Interface - GSOC 2011 - db_structure -> insert

Thilanka Kaushalya lgtkaushalya at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 08:10:55 CEST 2011

Hi Marc,

what will be your strategy on this (about avoiding code duplication)?

>  I was able to do the first part of ajaxify the insert option in the
db->structure. I basically used db_structure.php and db_structure.js files
 for this modification.

In db_structure.js file I have used the two action to handle this.

   1. $("td.insert_table a.ajax").live('click',function(event){})
   2. $("#insertForm .insertRowTable input[value=Go], #buttonYes
   ").live('click', function(event) {})

In first event I used to pop up a dialog which carries the "insert table"
form and I don't think it need any modification.
Then the second event handles the action after clicking the "Go" buttons at
the "InsertRowTable" tables and the "Go" button at the "actions_panel".
Currently I'm using the same action logic for both button clicks because I
cannot clearly identify the importance of options in the "actions_panel" at
this pop up dialog box. Please clarify me on this issue.

Currently after inserting to a table using this ajax form, the "Rows" column
in the "tablesForm" does not get update. I tried to a get a similar approach
in my last task for that by collecting the echos of "tablesForm" in the
db_structure.php to a variable and then send it via PMA_ajaxResponse()
method. But since db_structure.php uses PMA_TableHeader() method to echo the
headers of the table it is difficult to do that. So what do you prefer in
this situation.

Please help me on these issues. Thank you.

Regards,
Thilanka.

--
L G Thilanka Kaushalya