[Phpmyadmin-devel] Column reordering

Rouslan Placella rouslan at placella.com
Sun Jun 12 14:17:07 CEST 2011

On Sat, 2011-06-11 at 21:23 -0700, Aris Feryanto wrote:
> Hi Rouslan,

It works great now. By the way, I found another few small issues that
you might want to look at :)

You hard-coded a lot of sizes in CSS in px units. So now items don't
really scale. For example, go to main PMA page and from the dropdown
select font size of, for example, 132%. Now go to browse a table and
hover the column header. You will see your "Drag to reorder" hint is the
same as when the font size was set to 82%, but instead it should be
bigger. You can use the 'em' unit instead of the 'px' unit in CSS to fix
this.

Also, while resizing a column, the "Drag to reorder" hint keeps trying
to pop out when you hover the label of the column. And when you resize
the column to a small size, about 10px, and then hold the mouse still a
bit both the hints for sorting and reordering pop out (see attached
screenshot). And at this point I think that "Sort" alone doesn't mean
much any more, so in my opinion the two hints should be merged into one
like "Drag to Reorder <br /> Click to Sort".

Rouslan