[Phpmyadmin-devel] Zoom-search suggestions

Ammar Yasir ammaryasir.88 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 00:16:15 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 11:49 AM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Ammar,
> it works well so far!
>
> Suggestions:
>
> - As the default data label, use the display field if it exists (from
> libraries/relation.lib.php, PMA_getDisplayField() )
>
> - For the title, instead of "Scatter Plot", give some indications (how
> to zoom, how to click, etc) or give a link to get such indications
>
> - Is it possible to enlarge the size of the working zone? ideally, to
> drag it by one of its corners?

:) I'll try and look into it.

> - You seem to prefetch the whole table and I'm concerned about response
> time and memory issues for big tables (try it with the payment table and
> no data restriction). When hovering over a dot, maybe fetch the rows one
> by one with Ajax? Or use Ajax if there are more than a certain number of
> rows.

I was also very much concerned about this. This happens even with the
'Display chart' functionality in the browse tab. I pre-fetch the table for
making the initial plot and store the data row for each point. One solution
can be like: Now I'm generating query like 'Select * from table' which I'll
change to 'Select x,y from table' and then when hovering or clicking over
the plot, I'll fetch the data row.