[Phpmyadmin-devel] Animations in routines functionality

Rouslan Placella rouslan at placella.com
Sat Jun 18 19:01:25 CEST 2011

On Sat, 2011-06-18 at 18:14 +0200, Tyron Madlener wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 1:29 PM, Rouslan Placella <rouslan at placella.com> wrote:

> >> One effect or the other, two at one will surely be too slow. I think
> >> alpha alone would be the simplest to implement, as you just have to
> >> replace contents and run the animation.

> >> Sounds reasonable. I think this could be implemented by setting
> >> jQuery.fx.off to true.
> >>

> > I've improved the animation to only slide once during the replacement of
> > the content and uploaded a new demo video [1].
> >
> > Please let me know what you think.
> >
> > [1]: http://www.placella.com/pma/improved_routine_animations.ogv
> >

> Agreeing with Piotr, the animation is way more pleasant now. But one
> other thing looks pretty annoying to me, that is having all these
> partly useless PMA_ajaxShowMessage()'es pop up and disappear sometimes
> really so fast you cannot read the content.
>
> - some loading messages flash so quick you don't even know what it is

Those "fast" ajax messages read "Loading..." (as in: loading the content
for the dialog, etc), but because I was using the loopback interface on
my computer while recording that video, the requests were answered
really fast by phpMyAdmin. If you try this on my demo server, you will
see that those messages actually stay on for quite a bit.

> - messages that display the successful execution are not needed since
> you already see the success of the current action in the light green
> box below the links bar.

Good idea to remove some of those, thanks :)