[Phpmyadmin-devel] Zoom Search

Tyron Madlener tyronx at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 15:02:05 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 10:23 AM, Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Dne Fri, 17 Jun 2011 10:13:07 +0200
> Tyron Madlener <tyronx at gmail.com> napsal(a):
>
>> For the chart export to work you'll need to define the a js variable
>> in your php code like this:
>>
>> <script type="text/javascript">
>> pma_token = '<?php echo $_SESSION[' PMA_token ']; ?>';
>> </script>
>>
>> ...or maybe we could put this into header.inc.php?
>
> I think it should rather go to js/messages.php, though it's name does
> not suggest it. We anyway use it for almost all data needs to be passed
> to javascript and do not change during one session.

I would like to be able to add js vars dynamically. In the case of
server_variables.php I need to know whether the current user is a
superuser. Whereas in most other pages this information is not
required.
So instead of putting all possible vars there I'd rather prefer to
have only 4-5 variables hardcoded and others addable dynamically
through a function, lets call it PMA_AddJSVariable().
But having that in messages.php would means the browser cannot load
the file once and use the cached version after.
Also those variables might change in value, meaning the messages.php
also needs to be refreshed by the browser each time.

It might be better to have that in header.inc.php.