[Phpmyadmin-devel] Is vertical mode useful?

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 15:28:36 CEST 2011

On 6/21/2011 9:16 AM, Marc Delisle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know that vertical mode has been available for ages in phpMyAdmin but
> I'm wondering if it's useful.
>
> Maybe this could be asked in the user survey but I would like opinions
> from this list, soon.
>
> The reason is that supporting this mode for all new features increases
> code complexity; I am in favor of removing this feature.

For what it's worth, I've never used it, have never spoken to anyone who
mentioned using it (certainly no one in IRC has sought help with it to
my recollection), and a quick search on Google doesn't find any
interesting results about switching to vertical mode (mostly
documentation and developer notes).

Regards,
~isaac