[Phpmyadmin-devel] On the @uses comment tag

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Tue Jun 21 16:03:12 CEST 2011

Hi

Dne Tue, 21 Jun 2011 08:53:37 -0400
Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> napsal(a):

> Here are situations I can think of:
> - someone changing parameters for a function; it would be interesting to
> see where this function is called
> - someone changing the format of a session variable or a global and
> wanting to see where this is used

You really can not rely on documentation in this case. Even if it
would be accurate for all functions/methods, we have no such
documentation for top level code blocks, which do include lot of of
function calls. So using 'git grep FOO' will give you more valuable
information than looking into doc.

> Does DocBlox answers these questions currently, if @uses is used? I
> believe that phpDocumentor did.

It lists them, but does not provide back references to original
objects (not sure if phpDocumentator did that, but it would be
necessary for your use case).