[Phpmyadmin-devel] Is vertical mode useful?

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Tue Jun 21 16:27:20 CEST 2011

Hi

Dne Tue, 21 Jun 2011 10:13:24 -0400
Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> napsal(a):

> > PS: I think editing table structure should have also only one mode and
> > not vertical and horizontal like we have right now...
>
> For table structure, using just horizontal proved problematic (required
> much scrolling) but maybe this can be improved in another clever way.
>
> Horizontal or vertical modes are problematic when there are more than 3
> columns...

Indeed, but the changing it at 3 columns is pretty confusing,
especially when you add fourth column.

I think the way it is done in Adminer can be good inspiration:

http://adminer.sourceforge.net/adminer.php?username=&db=a264133_8j3ib554&create=

- Default values not show unless specially asked for
- Collation and Attributes share same column because they apply to
  different column types
- It also does not allow to define additional indexes while creating
  table