[Phpmyadmin-devel] Zoom-search suggestions

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sat Jun 25 18:12:00 CEST 2011

Le 2011-06-25 11:31, Ammar Yasir a écrit :

> [...]
> <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>> wrote:
>
>     Ammar Yasir a écrit :
>      >
>      >
>      > On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 5:43 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info
>     <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>
>      > <mailto:marc at infomarc.info <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>>> wrote:
>      >
>      >     Ammar Yasir a écrit :
>      > >
>      > >
>      > > On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Marc Delisle
>     <marc at infomarc.info <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>
>      > <mailto:marc at infomarc.info <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>>
>      > > <mailto:marc at infomarc.info <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>
>     <mailto:marc at infomarc.info <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>>>> wrote:
>      > >
>      > >     Le 2011-06-17 18:16, Ammar Yasir a écrit :
>      > > > On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 11:49 AM, Marc Delisle
>      > > <marc at infomarc.info <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>
>     <mailto:marc at infomarc.info <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>>
>      > <mailto:marc at infomarc.info <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>
>     <mailto:marc at infomarc.info <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>>>> wrote:
>      > > >
>      > > >> Ammar,
>      > > >> it works well so far!
>      > > >>
>      > > >> Suggestions:
>      > > >>
>      > > >> - As the default data label, use the display field if it
>      >     exists
>      > >     (from
>      > > >> libraries/relation.lib.php, PMA_getDisplayField() )
>      > > >>
>      > > >> - For the title, instead of "Scatter Plot", give some
>      > >     indications (how
>      > > >> to zoom, how to click, etc) or give a link to get such
>      >     indications
>      > > >>
>      > > >> - Is it possible to enlarge the size of the working zone?
>      > >     ideally, to
>      > > >> drag it by one of its corners?
>      > > >>
>      > >
>      > > I used the jquery-ui plugin and implemented this.
>      >
>      >     Ammar,
>      >     please push your repo.
>      >

> Hi,
>
> I was implementing the edit functionality for a data point. What I have
> done is that user selects the mode(browse / edit), mouse cursor changes
> accordingly to indicate what mode is on and in browse mode onClick, for
> now I just prompt/alert the data row.
> For the edit mode, I create a popup using jquery, where each field will
> be displayed just like the tbl_search page ( minus the field type,
> collation, operator elements) and the value field I will update from the
> clicked data row. Should I go through with this (creating a popup like
> tbl_search page) ? I've organized the tbl_search code into libraries so

Sounds good but why the need to select a mode? If always in edit mode, I
can see the data and I edit if needed. Maybe it will become clearer when
I see the implementation.

Also, there should be similarities between this kind of edit and what
happens with a "normal" edit in table Browse. Similarities or better,
the same interface (code sharing).