[Phpmyadmin-devel] AJAXify phpMyAdmin Interface - GSOC 2011 - Table->Structure ->Mutiple columns->Change

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sat Jun 25 22:49:03 CEST 2011

Le 2011-06-25 12:04, Thilanka Kaushalya a écrit :
> Hi Marc,
>
>     the success case works well. In case of error (for example, renaming a
>     column with an existing column name), tbl_alter.php does not return JSON
>     and the user is not notified of the problem.
>

> I fixed that bug. Please check that. Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> Thilanka.

Thilanka,
I now receive the error message but too late as I'm no longer in my
table altering dialog. Many kinds of errors could happen here, not just
the one I pointed. As another example, changing the type from INT to
VARCHAR and omitting the length.

To compare, try another dialog: in the Create table, try to create some
table with the same name as an existing table. In this case, the dialog
receives the error message and I'm able to correct my mistake.