[Phpmyadmin-devel] Is vertical mode useful?

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Mon Jun 27 13:35:48 CEST 2011

Hi

Dne Thu, 23 Jun 2011 08:29:53 -0400
Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> napsal(a):

> Le 2011-06-23 07:39, Garvin Hicking a écrit :
> > Hi!

> > I actually still find this quite useful, especially when I work with Typ3 Tables
> > which often have 30+ columns... :-)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Garvin
> >
> Hi Garvin,
> don't you have to scroll vertically then?

Not really - at least when I tried this with a 35 columns table, I'm
able to see single row from table at once in vertical mode, while it
takes 3-4 screens to see them in horizontal mode (on 1920x1200 screen).

It takes only 2 screens in horizontal mode with flipped headers, but I
find flipped headers so ugly, that I would never use this one.

This does not change anything on the fact that I do not use vertical
mode :-).