[Phpmyadmin-devel] Theme survey results

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Tue Mar 1 12:24:42 CET 2011

Le 2011-03-01 02:46, Michal Čihař a écrit :
> Hi
>

> Dne Tue, 1 Mar 2011 00:30:17 +0100
> Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> napsal(a):
>
>> pmahomme clearly wins as default theme (49%), second is Graphite (21%),
>> third Original (15%)
>>
>> 66% of responders want to have two themes in download kit
>>
>> 40% of people who want two themes prefer Original to be second theme,
>> 23% pmahomme, 20% Graphite
>
> Based on this, my plan is to drop dark_blue orange theme (and move it
> to themes repo), add pmahomme theme and make it default. I guess there
> are no objections to this step :-).

Congratulations to the winning theme. Can we discuss if there should be
changes to it before the release?

For example, Piotr wrote:
"Personally, I will probably vote for pmahomme, but on some conditions:
reducing headers and some margins, making warnings and success message
to be less intensive."

and
"
- header sizes (h2) would look better with 1.2-1.4 em and bold ->
would take less space while making them stand out enough
- reduce paddings a bit in various places (page tabs, tables) to make
it more compact. Currently it may look good on large screens (1200 in
height and higher), but on my 1600x900 I would like to see more data
on screen: in default theme I can display 35 data rows, in pmahomme
only 17 fit on the screen".

I also find that the theme would benefit by being more compact vertically.

Mike Hommé, what do you think about these suggestions?

About the plan, I have no objection for the steps you describe.