[Phpmyadmin-devel] Server variables and settings page help - ID: 3196075

Samiran Raj Boro srajbr at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 17:32:49 CET 2011

Hi, I am Samiran and new to phpmyadmin development. I found a task for
juniors at http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Tasks_for_junior_developers about
server variables reference link. I want to work on it. I wont be able to
make it as my GSOC project as I have not submitted any patch in this
community nor other.

I checked the mysql reference manual. I do not find all the description are
not in a single file and also its id(for variable link) is unpredictable.
So, I suggest to make a table where we would store the variable along with
its description link. But this fails when mysql website moves its page to
another location.

"I could not figure it out about performance critical variables."

I would like to work in it and I really need a mentor, to work with the
community.