[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoG 2011: Reg Zoom-search idea

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sun Mar 20 22:27:34 CET 2011

Le 2011-03-20 15:22, Ammar Yasir a écrit :

>> Can we conclude that whatever way is used to generate the query, the
>> zoom-search mode could be used when we have a results set containing two
>> columns?
>>
> Yes, I agree with this. So for the visualization part, there is one point
> mentioned that when we zoom in for example in the movies database case we
> see the movie's title. How is that to be decided that what label to show for
> a point? Should the user input this or does the system comes up with a
> label(like a key for each point)?

I don't see how phpMyAdmin could decide which column to choose as a
label, so it will have to be input by the user. But it could be saved in
the phpMyAdmin configuration storage for reuse, like we do in the
pma_table_info with the "display_field" that is used for internal relation.

> Also, I submitted a patch for mass table prefix change. May someone look at
> it and confirm? I had made changes to the original patch but I didn't get
> any comments further.

Yes, one of the team members will look at it when he finds time :)