[Phpmyadmin-devel] Interested in GSOC project

陈岳峰 dennislyve at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 15:01:11 CET 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 9:34 PM, Piotr Przybylski <piotr.prz at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2011/3/21 Adnan <hiddenpearls at gmail.com>:
> > On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 4:59 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>
> wrote:

> the
> >>
> >> Removing the left navigation panel and removing its implementation as a
> >> frame are two separate ideas, IMO.
> >>
> >> By the way, the navigation panel is also used to:
> >> - switch database
> >> - always have a list of tables in view even if we are not seeing them in
> >> the main panel
> >> - showing other icons on the top
> >>
> > I think, instead of removing, we should use DIV's based interface and
> > get rid of these ordinary scroll bars, and use some fancy jQuery
> > container. for non javascript browsers, we can use same Div's just
> > simple scroll bars,
> >

> Current navigation frame is simple to use and long table lists don't
> reset their scroll position when I change tab - which we would lose if
> DIVs were introduced, unless we start using a multitude of hacks to
> work around it. What are the advantages of removing frames, aside from
> using not-cool-feature that currently works well for us?
>
> --
> Piotr Przybylski

For example, when you select a db and then select a table from the
navigation, then you refresh the browser, You'll be back to the db page.
It's because the url doesn't change.
I agree that it would hurt current positions. So I choose to make it a
hidable sidebar. Then the current positions can stay unchanged.