[Phpmyadmin-devel] Question regarding GSOC Idea

Botea Răzvan utherr.ghujax at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 18:12:13 CET 2011

Hi there.

I'm a student who's interested in your web application "phpMyAdmin", and
I convinced I could help you in some "issues" posted as ideas here [0].

To be precise I'm interested in making phpMyAdmin more interactive by
further enhancing AJAX support for the app. As I've seen, you already
use the jQuery API which will make my work less tiresome.

I have a question regarding the "AJAX" idea. This seems straightforward:
make all those actions through a xmlhttprequest (ajax) . I see some of
them are marked as done. Where will the php scripts for ajax reside? For
example "Insert rows with an Ajax request: todo": I'll make a function
in common.js for a ajax request (with the help of jQuery API), yet I'm
not sure what will happen next: if I just make a redirect it will feel
like no ajax was made whatsoever. I'm guessing that the user will remain
on the same "insert rows" page for any further additions, and maybe add
message on top of the table if it had succeed.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm familiar with AJAX and a bit of jQuery, but
I need to know what exactly is intended to be done with them.

I'm not very sure how should I elaborate the AJAXify idea since for it's
pretty much straightforward on how to resolve it.

[0] http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/GSoC_2011_Ideas_List

--
Botea Răzvan