[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoG 2011: Reg Zoom-search idea

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Tue Mar 22 18:54:21 CET 2011

Ammar Yasir a écrit :

> May I ask what quality aspect should this system focus on. It should be
> correct, but what about trade off between system response time and
> functionality. Like for example, Zooming feature. Should it be like from
> 1X->2X or should the image magnify gradually. Since pchart will produce
> static images, some of these issues will be faced while designing.

I would prefer a gradual zoom but haven't made any research about how to
implement this. If pChart is not the best tool for this, you can look
for a better one. The other day I mentionned pChart because we are
currently using it (in phpMyAdmin 3.4) for static charts.

OTOH if there is no open tool for a gradual zoom (web), going in
increments (say, with buttons) will be fine.