[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC 2011: User interface cleanup

Aris Feryanto aris_feryanto at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 17:38:03 CET 2011

Hi all,

My name is Aris Feryanto (male, final year student @ Institut Teknologi
Bandung, Indonesia, major Computer Science). I would like to participate
in GSoC as a student. I am interested in the "user interface cleanup"
project idea.

In the ideas page there are two feature requests [2][3]. I have looked
at these requests and they are about "disabling some tabs for particular
users".

I think we can implement this feature by adding a tab "Users" under
"Setting" where the administrator can configure an user "role". The user
account used here is linked to mysql user database.

Role can be admin, basic, or something else defined by the
administrator. For each role, the administrator can configure which tabs
are shown to the user (maybe we can also add other configuration that
specific for an user).

This is my suggestion for the project. I do expect comments and
suggestions from the phpmyadmin developers.

I am currently trying to familiarize myself with phpmyadmin code from
current git. Now, I am working on fixing a bug "User prefs and Iconic
settings" (ID 3216140).

Regards,

Aris Feryanto
Institut Teknologi Bandung